The Aster Guardians Global Nursing Award 2024 recognizes and honors the phenomenal contribution of nurses to the healthcare delivery system across the world.
Areas of Contribution
Recognizes exemplary work by a registered nurse who has acted as a caregiver and has helped to address patient needs effectively, prevent illness and treat health conditions which have resulted in overall improvement and wellbeing of their patients. The nurse should have also contributed to the advancement of the nursing practice by demonstrating commitment towards his/her professional and personal development
Recognizes exemplary leadership qualities demonstrated by a registered nurse who has the ability to inspire, influence and motivate healthcare professionals to enhance patient safety and improve overall healthcare. Nurses should provide motivational strategies to mentor subordinates, grants autonomy, possess high levels of emotional intelligence, demonstrate leadership skills in his/her daily practice and be a role model for others
Recognizes the immense contribution made by a registered nurse who has experience in training and developing his/her team by imparting the necessary skills to improve patient care, health and/or operational efficiencies of the institute
Social/Community service in Healthcare
Recognizes a registered nurse who has made significant contribution towards social/community health nursing, also called public health nursing or community nursing. The nurse should provide details of initiatives taken towards improving health services, preventive care, intervention, and health education to communities or populations
Research /Innovation/ Entrepreneurship in Healthcare
Recognizes a registered nurse who has focused on research, innovation and entrepreneurship to enhance knowledge and understanding of patient care and overall wellbeing in order to respond effectively to actual or potential health problems. This could also include initiatives implemented by the nurse as a healthcare entrepreneur focusing on creating value in health products or services, care delivery innovation, etc.
- The application form can only be submitted in all languages supported by Google
For the following details, the information will have to be entered in English as well as your preferred language:
A. Candidate’s personal information (Section I)
- First name, Middle name, Last name
- Contact number
- Contact Email ID
- Institute/Hospital name
- Years of experience
B. Reference details (Section III)
- Referrer full name
- Referrer designation, organization
- Referrer Email ID
- Referrer Country
- Referrer Contact number
- Relationship with the referrer
No, numbers or numerical values must be entered in English language only across all the sections in the application form
No, you will not be able to change the language once logged in with your preferred language at any stage of the application form
No, only a registered nurse can apply for the Award. Registered Midwives cannot apply for the Award.
No, the Candidate can only submit one application form highlighting their journey as a nurse. They must select the area/s of contribution relevant to their journey.
- Yes, the candidate can select up to three areas of contribution in the following manner:
- The first area of contribution selected will be termed as “Primary”
(One primary area of contribution is mandatory)
- You can select a maximum of two “Secondary” areas of contribution, which is optional
- The first area of contribution selected will be termed as “Primary”
- However, the candidate must fill a separate case study section for each area of contribution selected.
No, only one Award shall be given irrespective of the number of Areas of Contribution selected.
The finalists from the previous editions are allowed to participate within a gap of two years for the Aster Guardians Global Nursing Award
- Valid nursing license from a registered medical council as on September 30, 2023
- Nursing education qualification (Highest degree)
Valid passport (all pages) until December 31, 2024, or beyond
- Valid identity and residency proof of the country you are currently residing in as on September 30, 2023
- Work experience letter as a registered nurse as on September 30, 2023, or self-declaration attached in the application form if you are currently not associated with any institute/ hospital and working as an independent nurse
Please note: If shortlisted for further rounds, the candidate will have to submit non-mandatory documents as well along with other additional documents required by the management and jury members
- The Candidate should be a registered nurse under the Medical/Nurse Council of the country to apply for the Award. Registered Midwives cannot apply for the Award.
- Candidates should have a valid residency of the country from which they are applying as on September 30, 2023.
- Candidates should have a valid national residency proof issued by the Government of the country from which they are applying as on September 30, 2023.
- Candidates should be registered under the Medical/Nurse Council of the country from which they are applying as on September 30, 2023.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of experience as a registered Nurse in a healthcare organization as on September 30, 2023.
- Candidates must provide a letter from their current/previous organization which should state their duration of employment as a Registered Nurse as on September 30, 2023.
- If the Candidate is self-employed, it is mandatory to fill, sign and submit the self-declaration form attached on the website along with a letter from their previous organisation/s stating their duration of employment as a nurse as on September 30, 2023.
- Candidates should have a valid passport until December 31, 2024, or beyond while applying for the Award.
- Candidates must be willing to travel to the destination country for the Award Ceremony, if shortlisted.
- Candidates can apply for the Award by completing the application form online.
- Link to fill the application form will be available on the website apply.asterguardians.com
- To apply for the Award, the Candidate should first go through the terms and conditions, select the area of contribution and submit the application under it.
- Candidates can also be nominated by his/her friend/colleague/family, etc. for the Award.
- Candidates must fill the application form post the nomination to apply for the Award.
- An individual can nominate a registered nurse by clicking on the website link apply.asterguardians.com
- The individual must enter the mandatory details pertaining to the candidate.
- A link for application will be shared with the nominated candidate on the email ID provided by the individual.
- The candidate must fill the application form to apply for the Award.
You can nominate a nurse only once using the same or different Email IDs. As part of the process, we will consider multiple nominations received as a single nomination only for a nurse
Yes, candidates must submit a filled and signed self-declaration form provided on the website if they are not currently working as a Nurse. If the Candidate is self-employed, it is mandatory to fill, sign and submit the self-declaration form attached on the website along with a letter from their previous organisation/s stating their duration of employment as a nurse as on September 30, 2023.
No, it is not mandatory to provide supporting documents for the entry. However, we recommend you to provide as much information as possible to support and strengthen your entry with relevant documents and attachments.
Your application Form will first be reviewed for completeness, eligibility and adherence to the application guidelines, including character limit. Incomplete and ineligible applications will be declined without further review. Applications that meet eligibility criteria will be further considered for the jury rounds.
There is no application fee associated with the Award
Firstly, you need to create your account, and select area/s of contribution you want to apply for. Secondly, go through the eligibility criteria and instructions for filling up the application. Thirdly, you must save your application at regular intervals while filling the application since the website may time out after certain intervals and you will lose your data. After submitting you can check the status of the application form by logging into your account. The application form needs to be filled in first person.
You will receive an email acknowledgement that your application has been received within 24 hrs of electronic submission.
Once the application form is submitted, you will not be allowed to make changes. However, in case there is any mandatory document that has not submitted or eligibility criteria not met, we will give access again to the Candidate to share the required information.
No, the application must be completely filled and submitted online. However, we have a Save as Draft option that will enable candidates to fill the application form at your pace and submit post completion.
The last date for receiving completed application forms is November 15, 2023
Click on the ‘Forget Username/ Password’ and follow the instructions.
The results will be announced on the day of the award ceremony i.e. 12th May 2024.
There could be one or more winners at the discretion of the jury members appointed by the Award management.
No, the winner/s declared with be selected overall, irrespective of the area/s of contribution selected.
The Award management will contact you in case you are shortlisted.
- If your passport is under renewal, you can submit the passport renewal acknowledgment.
- If your passport validity expires before December 31, 2024, you can submit your current valid passport, and Award management team will reach out to you at a later stage if required.
The link for the Terms & Conditions has been included in the home page of the website. For your reference, please click on the Terms & Conditions to read them.
Yes, the candidate can login using their old credentials for accessing their old form. In case they had submitted the form or saved it in draft in the past editions, their entry is automatically rolled over to AGGNA 2024 edition and they have an option to edit the information and resubmit the details